Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Concrete Jungle


I was noticing something very peculiar around our neighborhood the other day - no one has a lawn where we live. There are quite a few little flower pots and window boxes but I don't think I have seen a lawn in Old Town. I think the biggest lawn over here I have seen other than a park has been Leslie and Tom's quaint little back yard. It never occurred to me that people wouldn't have lawns. Old Town is quite a densely populated area with what seems like a lot of kids but they have no yards to play in. Nothing but concrete for miles. This picture was taken outside our back door. It is actually our neighbor's shrub and concrete wall but he wasn't home when I took this so shhh! It seems a lot of the houses around where we live are built really close to the street. Once you step out of your front door, you are now on the sidewalk. I have crapped my trousers (they don't call them pants over here, pants are underwear in the UK) a few times while walking down to the Brunel Centre when someone has opened their front door. I just don't expect someone to open their door so close to the street.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home