Monday, November 28, 2005

About bloody time


The hunt for non-malt vinegar is finally over. No more stinky, smelly, gross tasting vinegar for us. Tesco had some spirit vinegar the other day so Amy picked some up. It kind of has me baffled as to why they would want to colour normal white vinegar to make it look like malt vinegar. Strange little country we live in. For those of you who aren't in the know, malt vinegar stinks and is not meant for my delicate little taste buds. To me, it makes food taste like it has gone bad. The sad thing is that the smell is worse than the taste. I don't know how the Brits can stand the stuff. Chalk another one up to cultural differences. I guess if you don't know that it tastes like crap, you won't know there is something better just a little further down the shelf.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home