Friday, November 04, 2005

Damned if you do...


For once I actually went out and bought a new game within a week of it's release date. Turns out I got screwed. Bloody Securom copy protection doesn't play well with my main burning program which is Alcohol 120%. It took me about an hour to find a work around. It bothers me that when I try to be honest and spend hard earned cash on a game, this crap pops up because I burn CDs. Crap like this to me seems to be taking copy protection a step too far. Don't even get me started on Sony's latest attempt on copy protection which is even worse than this securom invasion. If you put a Sony audio CD in your computer now, you are basically installing a rootkit which is a nice and easy unlocked back door for a hacker. Now how nice is that? Long story short, Lucas Arts may have lost a customer and Sony for sure is one client short. Goodbye PS3, hello Xbox 360.

1 Comments:

Blogger maria kerouac said...

Hey so how do you unistall the rootkit? How do you get rid of it? and does this happen with EVERY Sony CD? including audio cd's?

9:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home