Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Same height, 180 degrees different

The other day at work, a guy I work with named Andrew asked me what a "fanny" means in North America. I found this a rather odd question. I told him it mean butt or bum and then proceeded to inquire as to why he would want to know that little tidbit of information. It turns out that Friends is his favourite show and in one episode Phoebe's brother touches some girls fanny while getting a massage. He was a wee bit confused about the fanny comment since fanny over here means something different. It would appear as though fanny in England means a part on the female body at the same height as the butt but on the front side. I am amazed with the little differences between the two cultures. Who would have thought that fanny could mean something other than a bum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home